Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Long post...

It is Thursday morning at 8:45 am. We have been so busy the last few days and have not had an opportunity to update the blog. We went to court on Monday and it went well. It was a very emotional day for us and I am relieved it is behind us now. It was a bittersweet day. After court we had to go get passport pictures of Landon, get him a passport, go to the doctor for his medical exam and get new birth certificates. We were running all over town. On Tuesday we went to our U.S. Embassy appointment and then sent everything out yesterday to get Landon's visa. The wait now begins.
Kiomi(Landon's birth mother) and her son Phillipo hung out with us for most of the day yesterday. I forgot to tell you all that we are in a hotel room. Our lawyer called us on Tuesday to tell us they had a room for us. Praise the Lord! We are in heaven now. We are sharing our room with the ants but other than that, we are very pleased. Anyway, we had a nice visit with her. After she went home, we took Sydny down to the little beach area at our hotel and she and Ron went swimming. We then went and had dinner with some other families that are here adopting. It is amazing how quickly you become close to these other families. It is comforting to have them here with us.
Landon is 11 lbs. 3 oz. now. He is doing well except for this HORRIBLE cough he has. He has these coughing attacks and coughs so hard that he can't catch his breath. It is so scary and we feel a little helpless. We told the doctor about it and he listened to his chest and said he was fine. We are going to go back to the doctor again today and have him listen again. Be thankful for the healthcare in the states because it is lacking here. There is not a 911 or anything like that here. I want so badly to be able to take him to our pediatrician at home. Please keep Landon in your prayers.
Sydny is still doing quite well with everything. She is having the time of her life playing with all of her new friends. Before we got Landon, I kept wondering if I would be able to love another child as much as I love Sydny and I will tell you that I can. I am so in love with both of our kids. Life really doesn't get much better than this.
We love and miss you guys,
Kim

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you guys. We were worried about you. But kept going off of "no news is good news".

    Thankful to hear that things are going well and that you made it into the hotel.

    We'll keep you all and especially little Landon in our prayers and that his cough gets better very soon.

    I can totally see Sydny making new friends left and right. Glad you have the comfort of the other families. It is amazing how quickly you can bond with others that are going through the same thing as you.

    We'll be anxious to see you all soon.

    Love and miss you.

    Aunt Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear from you guys!! I will keep Lil Landon in my prayers. Hopefully it's a cough that will pass quickly. Good to hear you guys are now in your hotel room and things are going along well for the most part. Glad to hear Sydny is adjusting so well...not surprised at all =). Keep us posted as much as you can especially on how Landon's cough is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond happy for your family!!! I am thankful that Landon only has the cough-I read other blogs of people that adopted from RMI and their babies were much worse! Even though I know how helpless you can feel when your baby is sick! The part about how you can love both babies gave me goosebumps and made my eyes water!! Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear court went well and that you're in the hotel. Hopefully Kim has showered by now! Sydny seems to be having a great time. Glad you have internet access now too. I can't tell you how many times Lori has checked the blog and there were no updates. It's really good to hear from you. Hope Landon feels better soon. Keep the updates coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayers and thoughts are with you guys...

    Albert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for Landon. I know how scary it is to have a sick baby in another country. I'm glad Sydny is having so much fun! Can't wait for you guys to get home!

    ReplyDelete