Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ron's Song

Kim's song is "I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again." I have heard her sing that line a million times in the past two days. My song has been "Stars and Stripes" by Aaron Tippin. If you have a minute, do an online search for the lyrics to that song. Better yet, download it to your computer. It is a great song by a proud, unapologetic American. I have been singing it in my head this entire trip. I can only imagine that he must have been in a similar situation when he wrote the song, stuck somewhere for longer than he wanted to be, homesick, and ready to get home. I feel like I could have written the song myself any day these last couple weeks. See you soon.

Ron

5 comments:

  1. Well welcome back to the good ole US of A....
    -Albert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! You guys will be home this week! Hallelujah!
    Can't wait to meet Landon! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome News!

    Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking of you guys and following the blog. Looking forward to meeting your new addition.

    Peace
    Deb S. (Texas Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad ya'll are headed home! Travel safe!!

    ReplyDelete