Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We are still here...

We were supposed to leave tonight (Wednesday) but we were told on Monday that our documents hadn't left Manila yet. We had our travel agent book us for the flight out this coming Monday knowing that we may not have our documents yet. We will just have to change the flight again if they are not here by Monday. Our travel agent could not find an available flight for us out of Honolulu for next week but said he would let us know tomorrow if he was able to come up with something. I can't imagine leaving here and then having to stay in Honolulu for a week. Even though it is a nice place to be, we are ready to be home.

We went to the grocery store on Monday and bought groceries for Kiomi and family. We took them over Monday evening. The children were so happy to see us and they loved having their picture taken. I will try to post pictures tomorrow when I have more patience waiting on them to download.

We had to move rooms last night. We were up until midnight moving all of our stuff. We brought nine pieces of luggage if that gives you any idea on how much stuff we had to move. There is a picture in our room and as we were leaving for dinner I saw something in it. I went over to it and saw what I thought were maggots all in the picture. Ron went and looked and they were termites. So we packed up and moved rooms.

Not much else to write about. I have tried to email some of you but for some reason my emails are getting stuck in my draft folder. Please don't think I am ignoring you guys.

I am outside at the hotel restaurant posting and a little girl came up to me and told me she was hungry. I am ordering her some food and waiting on it with her. Her name is Meggie.

Bye for now,
Kim

4 comments:

  1. Aaarrrrggg! I know how badly I would want to get back to my world and begin reshaping it with my newly transformed family ASAP! So sorry to hear that y'all are yet again delayed in getting to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed hearing all the adventure....jeeez. I pray that yall are able to come home soon. Love the pictures. Glad that you all are well and can't wait to see yall!

    Love and prayers,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been an adventure and love tagging along!

    Termites in a picture....inside your room.....GROSS!

    Glad you guys were able to move to another room....now the next move should be as you prepare to come home =)

    Praying your trip home will be SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that all is well. Thanks for keeping us informed. Your blog just makes me realize how very forturnate and blessed we are in America compared to other countries. I pray for a safe trip home for the family. Hope to see you soon. Hang in there :-)

    ReplyDelete