Thursday, July 23, 2009

It is raining

and hopefully it will rain enough so that we will not have to be limited on our water during the day. Another good thing about the rain is that it really cools things down here. It is so hot and humid. Everything in our room feels wet to me.

Kiomi, Phillipo and their friend and her daughter spent most of the day with us yesterday. Our hotel room was very crowded and I asked the good Lord for patience on more than one occasion yesterday. I seem to get stressed out when there are a lot of people around me especially when we can not communicate well and there are kids running around like mad men.

We are going to call the Embassy today and start tracking our documents. We hope and pray and pray some more that we are here only four weeks. It is hard being away from the comfort of home for so long.

Sydny is feeling better today. Landon still has his cough but has not had a fever and is eating well. I am debating on whether we should take him to the hospital and get him checked out. He had three coughing spells last night. Please continue to pray for him.

I want to thank all of you guys for your posts. We always look forward to reading them. And yes Paul, I am taking daily showers.

Bye for now,
Kim

5 comments:

  1. I hope Landon and Sydny feel better.
    Can't wait to meet Landon when you return.
    Tell Sydny I hope that she's ok and can't wait to see her too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you guys. I can only imagine how stressful it is to deal with some of the situations that are going on around you. Continuing to pray for Landon and his health. I hope that he starts feeling much better very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray for a speedy return of you guys and I hope Landon gets better....See I told you Kim I should have given you some xanax to take with you on this trip!! haha

    -Albert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that Kim has showered. Hope the kids feel better soon. Hope you can come home soon too. Sydny's going to be scared to go on vacation ever again! Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Landon can kick this cough and get to feeling 100% soon. Glad to hear Sydny is feeling better! 8 people in a hotel room most of the day....WOW that's enough to try anyone's patience. Hang in there and know this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete