Friday, July 31, 2009

Saturday

We have a car and it is much nicer than the last one. Ron rented it for an entire week and I am so excited. We will be able to do a lot of things and most importantly go grocery and clothes shopping for Kiomi and family. I want to say thank you to Aunt Mandy and my parents for their generosity. I love you guys and the money will mean more than you know to Kiomi.

Kiomi, Phillipo and her niece are all in the room sleeping. I thought I would sneak out and update the blog. I was getting cabin fever.

It has been raining every day and it looks like we might be off water restrictions. The water has been on all day today. Praise the Lord.

I think we are going to try and go to church in the morning. They have a big fishing tournament here today and tomorrow and we are going to try and watch them bringing in the fish. Sydny would love to see that! We also have a birthday party to go to tomorrow (it was cancelled last Sunday)and Sydny will also enjoy being around other children.

Ms. Solis, Sydny has talked about her classmates and she wants to bring them some sea shells we found on the beach. I know she misses her friends. She also has a new friend named Dee Dee. She is the same age as Sydny and she goes with us everywhere...and yes she is make believe. It is the cutest thing listening to her talk to Dee Dee. One of her favorite things to do is to go down to the beach and push her on the swing.

I know my posts are boring but there is not a lot of excitement happening. I will try to post more tomorrow or Monday.

Kim

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like she is feeling a little better. We talk about Sydny and her "new baby brother" all of the time!! I have told Cole and Hannah about Sydny swimming in the ocean and having lots of fun with her baby brother--but they just want her to come back to school!!! I am keeping everyone at NSLC updated!! We all love seeing the pictures! Cole likes the one of Sydny sitting on the couch with a juice box! He said, "Look they have juice boxes at the ocean!!" They are definitely missing their friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Dee Dee I said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure Ron didn't slip away and join that fishing tournament?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing you guys are to Kiomi and her family! Let us know how that goes. Sounds like an exciting day ahead! Good to hear you have had water ALL day. And trust me your post are not boring.....love hearing how things are going and feeling like I am apart of the day to day runnings. I hope you are all feeling better AND you can keep your flight plans for Friday the 7th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kim and Ron,

    I have enjoyed reading your blog and keeping up with what's been going on, but I can't help feeling a little sorry for all of you. Just the simple everyday comforts - not the luxurious ones - seem few and far between. Not to mention having sick children on top of everything else. Hang in there and I pray you get to leave this Friday. You've been so positive through out this, just a few more days!

    Rachiel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got caught up on your journey! So exciting for ya'll, we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers as you near the end of your stay and come back home as "Jones Party of FOUR!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully you'll be heading home on Friday. Thinking of you all and hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete